Just a few of the Museum’s additional features outlined in the Plan include:
- 25,000 square feet of space for rotating exhibits
- A year-round schedule of programs such as panels, meet-and-greets, experiential cinema, watch parties,
- eSports, cosplay shows, and more that will also involve integrating the ideas and creative energy of Comic-Con fans through fan sourcing
- A café with a changing menu of dishes and beverages that are creatively inspired by the themes of the rotating exhibit and program offerings
- A gift shop with comics and graphic novels, branded souvenirs, art, apparel, and other collectibles
- A 4K video theater and presentation space
Today’s announcement also introduces the 18 members of the Museum’s Steering Committee including Chair Patti Roscoe. Our distinguished members consist of local San Diego region leaders and representatives of the pop culture community.
We are incredibly grateful for the many contributions to date of our Charter Members, the fans, the Steering Committee, San Diego community and so many others. As we move forward, we look forward to sharing even more detail about how the Comic-Con Museum is developing and when you can expect to visit us in person.