Backstage News On WWE Contract Offers

January 15, 2021

The WWE has changed their philosophy from just a year ago. When they were trying to block people from going to AEW, they threw around big money contracts to keep people from becoming All Elite. Since the pandemic began, they certainly have changed that and have said to no longer be in “talent hoarding mode.”

This does leave the question as to what they’re currently offering talent. WWE recently offered new main roster deals to Retribution members outside Mustafa Ali, which were said to be “significantly lower” than deals that had been offered previously.

Now the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has reported that $250,000 annual salary the WWE offered Retribution is they’ve been offering as a standard for “new deals for guys who haven’t made a name.” The deals range from three to five years with no house show or pay per view bonuses, since having fans in the arena were a contributing factor in those.

Now the new deals for guys who haven’t made a name are $250,000 and there isn’t the exceeding your downside because there are no house shows and PPV bonuses, and they are for three to five years

One of the few exceptions made since the pandemic began was Rey Mysterio, and that was namely because AEW made them an offer WWE had to beat. So it seems that while special circumstances can alter negotiations, the contracts Retribution got seem to be the baseline.

Check out our official store at PRO WRESTLING TEES, show us your support and buy a shirt. You can visit our store by clicking here.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter @BodySlamNet and on Instagram @BodySlamDotNet

Also check us out on Facebook and give us a like and share by clicking HERE.

The post Backstage News On WWE Contract Offers appeared first on BodySlam.net.

Be Sure to Check out This Article Source: http://www.bodyslam.net

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *